The holiday season has arrived and it is time to get busy. Here are the organizing items that should be done in November.
1. Purchase and address holiday cards now. They should be ready to mail by the end of the month.
2. Review or create the gift list so you can take advantage of sales on those items. Look for free shipping offers if ordering online. This method also saves time and money in the long run.
3. Mail out of town packages by the end of the month. Overseas packages may have earlier deadlines.
4. Send out invitations for Thanksgiving Dinner as soon as possible. Create a menu, grocery list and time schedule for that meal. If you are not inviting guests, create those for yourself.
5. Save lists, names, addresses, gifts, menus, grocery lists and any other related items in folders for reference next year. Make notes as detailed as possible to save time in the future. These can be saved as documents in folders on your computer or as paper files in folders by categories in your file box or cabinet.
6. Avoid the Black Friday and after Thanksgiving sales unless you vow to stick to your gift list. Otherwise clutter may become a holiday issue you do not need.